We have an opportunity to gain experience creating GY Stories with us…
Freshly Greated is about Great Yarmouth. Our people, our place, and finding new, exciting ways to show what makes Great Yarmouth…well, Great Yarmouth.
There’s loads of history in this town of ours. There are also lots of fascinating things happening right here and now. We want to know as many of these stories as possible.
This is where we need your help. We want to discover fun, serious, happy, sad, and everything-in-between tales about GY.
- Maybe there’s amazing art or creativity happening that most people don’t know about?
- Is there a great local musician or artist you’d love to profile?
- Perhaps there’s a GY myth that needs busting…or some weird GY historical fact you’d like to reveal?
- Are there just fascinating GY people you know that could make a great article or film? (hint: this could be your own story!)
What we’re looking for:
- Written articles of between 400 and 800 words, including 2-3 images that help to tell the story OR,
- Recorded audio clips in WAV format of 2-5 minutes in length OR,
- Films in MP4 format of 2-5 minutes in length.
- Any submission should be accompanied by your name and contact details (for use by the Freshly Greated team only).
What we’ll offer:
- Publication on social, on our website, and in our newsletter
- Full credit to you as content creator
- Editorial guidance and development in whatever format you deliver
- References from us for any future work or training opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity if…
- You’re a budding journalist or writer wanting some publicity and experience
- You want to have fun exploring storytelling through creative media
- You want to create podcasts of your own or advertise your own podcast or YouTube channel
- You’d love experience making films or documentaries
- You want something to do during lockdown…
Just fill in the below form and we’ll be in touch!